Friday, November 16, 2012

Lady Business


* Warning and disclosure - if you're a man, you may want to skip this post. It's going to be about girly things, that time of the month and I am sure you don't want to read it! Consider that fair warning!




 As a runner and a blogger, I have been given the opportunity to test out a Softcup from Instead as an alternate to tampons and pads. 



This was actually a perfect opportunity for me as I had been looking at a couple different brands of menstrual cups but hadn't wanted to pull the trigger and buy any them. Enter a blog post written by Tina at forloveoftherun.com. She is hosting an Instead SoftCup Challenge and I jumped at the chance to try it out!

 As a mom and a runner, the Softcup rocks! It has a bit of a learning curve to get it right the first time and it seemed a little messy removing them the first couple of times, but the convenience of not worrying about it more than two or three times a days was amazing. I was also more than a little surprised that there wasn't any leaking once I got the cup placed correctly. This has been an issue for me since the birth of my twins. 

You can check out the details, more information and the FAQ here at the Instead website! 

I had two runs on the treadmill while using the Instead Softcup and both times, I was able to jump on and finish my run without distraction, leakage or discomfort! I am SOLD! If I can get into double digit runs without having to worry about leakage during my period, I am on board!

If you are a mother or a runner, or possibly both and are looking for a great alternative to tampons or pads, I would highly recommend checking out Instead Softcups! 

*Although, I received this product free of charge, the opinions in the blog are entirely mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment