Tomorrow we will reach the 34 week mark. One more week and we will be in our "safe spot". We will be considered safe at 35 weeks, partially due to the boys size and partially to the clean bills of health given to me and both boys.
We had an ultrasound last week. Everything continues to look good for being able to keep them in to term. The boys are growing, growing, growing. Presley was always a little ahead of schedule and these boys are determined to keep up, regardless of the cramped quarters they must be experiencing! Baby A continues to be head down and is estimated to weigh just over 5 pounds. Baby B has joined him in being head down and is estimated at being just under 4 1/2 pounds. I am confident that I will have two "normal" sized babies. I do start weekly NST (non stress tests) this week and will continue to have them weekly until we deliver. The boys both being head down means we have a great shot of a vaginal birth.
The nursery is all set up. We do have to put together the new co sleeper and the two bouncers. The suburban needs to be cleaned out and the car seat bases put in. Jay still needs to paint our room and Presley's room. But the list of must- do's is getting shorter and shorter. I need to do one more Costco run to stock up on some basic food items and paper products. I also want to plant another blueberry bush, cherry tomatoes, raspberries and some herbs in the next week or so. Once these last few things are done, it is just hurry up and wait!
On the Momma front, although we have had a super smooth twin pregnancy, we have a couple battles. The first is sleep. If only my bladder could hold more than an ounce of liquid at this point :( The bad news is if I don't drink water throughout the night, I wake up having to urinate anyways but with crampy legs! The second is a lower carb diet. I can still eat carbs but I am supposed to limit them as we are borderline gestational diabetic. The third and final are my feet. I am describing them as "ogre feet". They are just huge and lumpy. Oh well, good thing all these will clear up shortly after the boys are delivered! The great news is only 10 more days of work. I am working right up until 36 weeks and have full confidence I will make it. No screwing up my leave of absence time, YAH! The other great thing is I have been approved for an extended leave and will get all summer off and I have been approved for part time work when I get back. Woohoo! I can't to spend more time as a family!
On the name front...still none! These boys have yet to have names, as Jay and I just cannot agree on any. Good thing there is two, we may just each have to name one and not bother trying to agree!
No comments:
Post a Comment