Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Foot Traffic Flat Marathon Training

Weeks 3 and 4 went speeding by! Training is challenging, tiring and testing my mom skills but we are all making it work. I have the best team of support staff around. Lots of thanks to Jay, Anna, Nicole and David! I suppose I should thank my kiddos for being such good sports about the treadmill, too. Although, since they love running on it when I am done, they generally don't have a problem with me being on it!

Week 3 - 6 Days and 49 miles. My long run was supposed to be an easy 13, but it was one of those runs that didn't seem easy at all.

Week 4 - 5 Days and 45 miles. 5 days only because I doubled up on Monday. Long run was a 14 miler under a beautiful spring sun! I really liked the double day. Monday morning was 4 miles on the treadmill before work and before bedtime was another 8. It wasn't bad at all and my legs didn't feel any worse for the wear. I think with a couple shorter runs thrown in, I might be able to do it most weeks and add an extra rest day!

Upcoming in week 5 is 46 miles. I will also be racing a small women's only race here in Vancouver called the Dragonfly Run. Check it out here!




No comments:

Post a Comment