Sunday, June 12, 2011

Marathon Training Week Ten and Eleven

How did I miss such an important event as updating you on my training progress? It's easy :) We had family visiting from out of town, Jay's wonderful sister Tessa and her equally awesome husband, Cam. Cam is an officer in the United States Marine Core and a visit home is a big deal. Along with passing on our children's flu germs, we had a ton of fun while they visited!

So here is what weeks ten and eleven looked like...

Monday - 14 miles - on the road and finished strong at 2:08. I even hit an under two hour half marathon. Can you see the confidence building? I can!
Tuesday - 2 miles - treadmill
Wednesday - 6 miles- treadmill
Thursday - 6 miles - treadmill
Friday - 3 miles - treadmill

Saturday and Sunday were taken as rest days and rest I did. All while watching the youngest of my brother graduate from high school. Lots of cake was eaten, as well.

Monday - 3 miles- treadmill
Tuesday - rest
Wednesday - 6 miles - treadmill
Thursday - 3 miles treadmill and later in the evening 12 miles on the road
Friday - 7 miles - on the road and all in 59:59! Can you feel the confidence? It's there.

Now, I didn't plan on a double run on Thursday. But, after running the 3 miles on the treadmill and having been distracted every 2/10s of a mile, I felt like I hadn't put in any effort. So, I ran! And it was a great and tiring 12 miles and I held a steady pace.

Now, on to week twelve. It ends with me running the Vancouver USA Half Marathon. It's the first annual. My goals are simple - a good steady pace the whole that will land me a sub two hour half marathon! Here we go!

1 comment:

  1. We would take the flu on again:) We loved spending time with you guys. Miss you all so much.

    ReplyDelete