Week One
Cook Book One
Tuscany the Beautiful Cookbook
This cookbook was actually challenging because it is very game heavy and didn't have a whole lot of summer appropriate recipes. Presley and I ended up choosing a Torta Soffice Di Mele or light apple cake. This was a great recipe for a busy mom. You throw all the ingredients together, mix, and top with apples. It has a coffee cake like consistency and is very tasty! I think it is more of a breakfast pastry than a sweet dessert. I can't wait to enjoy it with my Pike's Place Blend coffee tomorrow! I think the only thing to do differently is to slice the apples even thinner to get the carmelization ours doesn't have. Week one is officially a success!
The cookbook picture...
The W baked picture...
In other food news, we hit the Farmer's Market this last weekend. Finally, there is some good produce coming in. We stocked up on good ole Yakima Valley asparagus and Rainer cherries. Thanks Alex Farms for driving all the way to Vancouver. We also got local honey. This raspberry honey is delicious and was just pulled out of the hive last Monday! Enjoy your summertime food opportunities!



No comments:
Post a Comment