Saturday, August 13, 2011

Have you done an adventure race?

If the answer is no, what are you waiting for??? Sign up!!!

My good friend and neighbor, Anna and I, signed up for this year's Pineapple Classic 5K. This run supports the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society while combining pineapples, dirt, water and lots of fun obstacles. We had a blast!












 

We started out nice and clean in matching fun outfits and ended up dirty, wet and cold (thanks PNW for the 65 degree and overcast day). There were walls to climb, rivers to ford, barrels to rolls, tires to pull and inflatable slides to go down. Let's not forget the hurdles, "fire" walk and tunnels to crawl through. You had to do 19 total obstacles and get a pineapple or a part of your pineapple to the finish line. 

Anna and I brought our husbands to serve as camera men and they got some fun and memorable shot. Plus, I think we have them convinced to join us next year.

So, grab a buddy and get dirty!


2 comments:

  1. Awesome. Katy your a bad ace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like the two of you had a blast. I wonder if the cameramen were just as thrilled about watching as the two of you were about running the course.

    ReplyDelete