Monday, July 25, 2011

Marathon Training Week Fourteen- Seventeen

Yup, that's right. I haven't blogged about training (or anything) for almost four whole weeks. But, I promise, I have been training and doing lots of other fun stuff.

I won't recap each week but I will say that I have followed each week according to plan, fitting in both treadmill runs and road runs. I ran the Battle Ground Harvest Days Half Marathon and came in under 2 hours, yah! I ran my farthest distance of 18 miles and it didn't deter me at all. I am keeping up some pretty consistent time of right around 9 minutes a mile. A couple of friends and I have started some speed work to help those times improve.

It has been a great summer in the Pacific Northwest in regards to weather. With no extremes either way, running has been pretty easy to do. If I wasn't a runner, I would be packing up to move to warmer climes already!

I use Runkeeper on my iPhone to keep track of my runs but have found out that my battery life is maxed out at 18 miles or three hours.So, I am considering between the new Nike+ Sport Watch or a Garmin 305. Does anyone have any opinions either way? I am leaning towards the Nike+ but only because I love all my Nike gear and I am hoping I might be able to pick it up in the employee store. But, any feedback would be appreciated!

At the end of this week, I turn thirty. What did I give myself? A trail half marathon, the Wildwood Trail Run. It should be a fun time. It may be muddy and it may be slow but it will be a fun, new challenge.

Jay found this half marathon and asked if I was running it. When I told him 'no', because I thought I had been away from home racing enough, he told me to sign up! So, after rearranging my work schedule and making sure it fit in with my training plan, I signed up! The best part is it is an all girl race and the race shirts are pink and the medals are a super cute necklace. And I get to hang out with my friend Anna after she crosses the finish line of her very first 5K! Here is to the best, most supportive husband ever!!! Thank you Jay!

1 comment:

  1. Love my Garmin! I sure hope you plan to celebrate the BIG 3-0 after your race :-)

    ReplyDelete