Marathon Training Week One is in the books and a complete success!
Week One looked like this...
Monday - 2 miles
Tuesday - 3 miles
Wednesday - 4 miles
Thursday - Rest Day - But we went to the Oregon Zoo and walked a ton and then went shopping and did another hours worth of walking
Friday - 2 miles
Saturday - 5 miles
Sunday - Rest day
I did all my mileage on the treadmill this week. I am not a big fan of the treadmill, as I feel I am working way harder and achieving much less. But, I have learned to slow down, warm up slowly and just take it a little easier. As nice as it will be to get more mileage on the road, the treadmill comes in handy to maximize family time.
Week Two's schedule is getting pushed around a little because of Mariner's Opening Day. I don't really want to run on our mini vacation, so I am running a few extra days in a row and taking my rest days consecutively.
Week Two's Mileage will look like this - 4, 2, 2, 8, 4 and 2!
No comments:
Post a Comment