Sunday, March 13, 2011

Shamrock Run 15K

Today, I braved the wet and chilly Portland weather to run the 33rd annual Shamrock Run. I chose to do the 15K. I had one goal and one goal only - to run a consistent race from start to finish, not to burn out by running the first few miles too fast. Well- SUCCESS! 

The elevation gain was according to my Runkeeper was 531 feet -Killer!!! I need to do more hill runs. Too bad there is only one good hill in Battle Ground. Time to get to know it better!

I started out in the 9:14 per mile average and over the biggest stretches of uphills got as slow as 10:14 per mile average. But, I finished strong in 1:26:03 which is a 9:24 minute per mile average. This is exactly what I needed to know I can do. For 26.2 miles in October, I want to work hard and be consistent!

3 comments:

  1. So spill woman - which race are you running in October??? I'd "die" to know!!!
    Congrats with your race!!! Sounds like you accomplished your goals and that's all that matters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you!!

    Those are some good hills...whew!

    Are you planning on doing the Portland Marathon?

    ReplyDelete