Monday, January 10, 2011

Portland Marathon

As some of you may know, I have signed up for the 40th annual Portland Marathon. I am beyond excited and ready to see what I can do. My goal for that is to run the whole race and finish strong. I am not out to beat any times(yet) but I know I can and will finish! Whether or not I will do another, is a question for another day. I have finally picked out a training plan. I opted to go with a plan from the Nike+ Coach tool. The reason I choose this particular plan is it is 28 weeks. Most plans are between 12-16 plans, this one covers me for a longer period of time and makes my increases more gradually. It also fits a few other races into my schedule nicely. 


The other races I have planned at this time are:
The Shamrock Run 15K March 13
The Vancouver USA 1/2 Marathon(this will also be Jay's first 1/2)
Battle Ground Harvest Days 1/2 (local fun run)
Holiday Half
Hot Buttered Run

Up in the air races include:
 Oregon Wine Country 1/2
Eugene Women's Half

I am also planning on a few local 5 and 10 K early this spring and have a couple almost picked out. Many of these are just local races put on by a few running clubs and towns for fundraisers.

Presley is very excited about getting out in the jogging stroller more. We have been a couple times in a the last few weeks but it is chilly, chilly, chilly! Thank gosh for the treadmill :)




Happy Running!


No comments:

Post a Comment