Monday, May 17, 2010

Occupying Presley

The boys spent 13 full days and nights in the NICU. Presley spent the equivalent of 11 work days in the NICU. She was told by almost all the nursing staff and the boys' pediatrician how great she was doing almost constantly. Keeping Presley occupied enough to keep her wanting to go back was probably our biggest challenge over the last 13 days. After speaking to the nurses, we must have been doing something right because they all said she was one of the best behaved children they had come into the NICU in a long time. That makes both Jay and I feel like we have been doing something right, even amid the temper tantrums (thrown both in the NICU and at home). I blew my monthly coffee budget when we stopped for coffee and hot chocolate almost every morning (there are few things Presley likes more than Starbucks hot chocolate, poor kid even recognizes the Starbucks sign.). Here are some of the things we did to keep Presley in the right frame of mind...


We jumped...


We played Go Diego Go on the I Phone...


We ran around the water feature...



We watched Elmo movies on the I Phone...



We played all sorts of games on the I Phone...


Presley is an I Phone nerd. She has a full page plus of her own applications. She knows how to access videos on the I Pod. She also likes watching videos of herself. The I Phone has been a lifesaver throughout this entire ordeal and I will forever be grateful for the time she has amused herself (most of the games she plays are learning games) with it.

The most fun we had was miniature golfing. The night before the boys came home, we did family night and after a delicious dinner at Red Robin we headed out to teach Presley the finer aspects of mini golf. We had so much fun. She had a blast with both of us and we got a kick out of watching her "golf". We finished up with some soft served ice cream!

Way to go Presley! You are such a great kiddo and such a wonderful big sister! We sure are proud of you and lucky to call you our own!

No comments:

Post a Comment