Today is the twenty week mark, which in a singleton pregnancy means - halfway there! For the "three of us" is could mean another 15-20 weeks. I am hoping for as long as possible because it means I am healthy, both the boys are healthy and they will have the best shot at a "normal" start! There are some other good reasons to stay in there at least another 16 weeks, the first and most important is if they do come before the 36 week mark we will have to deliver at St. Vincent's for their NICU. St. Vincent's is also a 45 minute drive without traffic through Portland, with traffic, gosh knows how long it can take.
I am huge or at least I feel that way! If you ask Jay or anyone I work with, I seem to be growing noticeably each night. We had a OBGYN visit on Thursday and my weight gain isn't significant but it is steady. We got to see another few minutes of the boys. Twin A had moved. Both boys are breech and have their heads tucked together up under my left rib. I can feel pretty steady movement from both of them to the lower right of my belly button. I hope they are playing and not fighting.
I am huge or at least I feel that way! If you ask Jay or anyone I work with, I seem to be growing noticeably each night. We had a OBGYN visit on Thursday and my weight gain isn't significant but it is steady. We got to see another few minutes of the boys. Twin A had moved. Both boys are breech and have their heads tucked together up under my left rib. I can feel pretty steady movement from both of them to the lower right of my belly button. I hope they are playing and not fighting.
We are working very hard on moving everything out of the guest bedroom and turning it into the boy's room. In the next week or so, we will also transition Pres to her toddler bed. The boys will be sharing her crib. I also realized the other day that it is time to go through all her drawers, as they seem pack with all the clothes she cannot wear. Her laundry is stacked on top of her dresser because there isn't any more room. Lots of organizational stuff upstairs to be done, but hopefully be the first of February we will be ready to paint the nursery and start buying stuff. I have been good. Knowing it is only going to get in the way, I have left everything I have wanted to buy at the store so far.
It won't be long though and I will be buying everything blue I can get my hands on :)
No comments:
Post a Comment